Therefore, only a student login is required to be created for each student. Additional data, not specific to the student, is also required to complete system setup, including the teacher first and last name, class name, grade level, and school name. Student demographic data, for the purposes of optional disaggregated reporting, is requested separately from the initial setup data and is obtained only with written permission from your educational institution.
Use, Disclosure, and Storage: We will use the student data to provide the services to your school educational institution. We will not keep the student data after you or the school educational institution instructs us to delete it. You may not disclose or otherwise use the student data entered on this site for any unauthorized purposes.
We will only disclose student data to authorized employees or representatives of the school educational institution, and will not knowingly disclose the student data to any third person without express written authorization. When, at the request of the educational institution, we acquire assessment or other information, including personally identifiable student data, from a third party source we treat that information with the same confidentiality and security safeguards as though it were provided directly by the educational institution. Additional agreements may be required by the third party to authorize transmission of data to Learning A-Z.
Your educational institution may from time to time request that Learning A-Z provide student data to third parties of its choosing. We will do so with written authorization, which acknowledges that Learning A-Z is providing that data as your educational institution's agent and that once the data is received by the third party, Learning A-Z no longer has any control over the use or disposition of the data.
We may also use aggregated data in our research, product development, and marketing. That aggregated, non-personally identifiable data (e.g., summary or statistical data) may be shared with third parties. However, we do not use personally identifiable student data to market any products or services directly to students or their parents.
In the event that Learning A-Z wishes, from time to time, to release aggregated data that identifies your school or school educational institution by name, Learning A-Z will enter into a separate agreement with you to authorize release and publication.
Data Quality: You are responsible for keeping the student data that you enter accurate, complete and up-to-date. If you recognize that student data is inaccurate, incomplete, or out-of-date, you are responsible for correcting it directly in the Data Management System. For assistance, or if you experience difficulties making corrections to student data, please Contact Us immediately.
Security Safeguards: We are committed to protecting student data against unauthorized access, destruction, use, modification or disclosure. Protecting student data requires efforts from us and from you. We will implement reasonable and appropriate safeguards when collecting student data from you and when storing that student data in our database and you will observe our security safeguards and exercise reasonable caution when using this site.
Specific institutional and technological security safeguards include:
- Only Learning A-Z employees who are authorized to handle student data are able to access the Data Management System.
- Only school educational institution employees and representatives that the educational institution authorizes as school officials are permitted access to the education institution’s data within our. This means: a teacher will only be able to see data for his/her class; a Principal, Coach, or other authorized School User will be able to view all data at a given school; an authorized educational institution-level employee, such as an Instructional Coordinator or Superintendent, will be able to see all data across the educational institution.
- Each authorized school official is given a Username and Password valid only for the duration of the license. You must safeguard your Username and Password, and not permit any unauthorized access to student data entered or kept in Learning A-Z' system.
- Upon written request by the educational institution, Learning A-Z will destroy any student data for educational institutions who no longer participate in a Learning A-Z program. Learning A-Z will provide written verification that the data has been destroyed as requested.
- If an educational institution has not used any Learning A-Z product for a one year, Learning A-Z will delete the student data pertaining to their educational institution will be destroyed, unless the educational institution requests the records be kept.
- Learning A-Z uses industry standard server and network hardware and software to ensure that data is protected from unauthorized access or disclosure.
When you use this site, you consent to our privacy practices and agree to accept the responsibilities outlined in this statement.